Terms of Service
2. Use of the Site.
Please remember that the manner in which the Social Networking Services use, store and disclose your information is governed solely by the policies of such Social Networking Services, and Arfa shall have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of any third party site or service that may be enabled on the Site. In addition, Arfa is not responsible for the accuracy, availability or reliability of any information, content, goods, data, opinions, advice or statements made available in connection with the Social Networking Services. As such, Arfa is not liable for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Social Networking Services. Arfa enables these features merely as a convenience and the integration or inclusion of such features does not imply an endorsement or recommendation. You are solely responsible for complying with any legal terms that govern the use of any Social Networking Services.
4. User Content.
With respect to any information, content or other materials you upload through the Site or share with other Site users or recipients including Photos (as defined below) (collectively, “User Content”), you represent and warrant that you own all right, title and interest in and to such User Content, including, without limitation, all copyrights and rights of publicity contained therein.
The Site may pull content from our users who share photos and videos on Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok, and Twitch using our brand hashtags, including, without limitation, #sweattalk, #HIKIforanybody, #HIKI, #StateOf and #MyStateOf (collectively, the “Arfa Hashtags”), or tagging the @arfabrands, @HIKIForAnyBody or @stateofmenopause accounts (collectively, “Photos”). You acknowledge and agree that the Photos may be posted on the Site, and you hereby grant Arfa permission to use and authorize others to use your name or social media handle in association with the Photos for identification, publicity related to the Site and/or Products and similar promotional purposes. You represent and warrant that the posting and use of your Photos does not violate, misappropriate or infringe on the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark and other intellectual property rights. You hereby grant Arfa and its affiliated companies, successors and assigns a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicensable, perpetual, irrevocable license to copy, display, upload, perform, distribute, store, modify and otherwise use your User Content in connection with the operation of Arfa’s business or the promotion, advertising or marketing thereof and/or of any Product, in any form, medium or technology now known or later developed.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, reviews or other information about the Site and/or Products (“Submissions”), provided by you to Arfa are non-confidential and Arfa will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
Arfa respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, you should notify Arfa of your infringement claim in accordance with the procedure set forth below. Arfa will process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws with respect to any alleged or actual infringement. A notification of claimed copyright infringement should be emailed to Arfa’s Copyright Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: “DMCA Takedown Request”). You may also contact us by mail or facsimile at:
Arfa, Inc. 187 Lafayette Floor 6 New York, NY 10013
To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information:
• an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest; • a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed; • a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site, with enough detail that we may find it on the Site; • your address, telephone number, and email address; • a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; • a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
If you believe that your User Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to upload and use the content in your User Content, you may send a written counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent: • your physical or electronic signature; • identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled; • a statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and • your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court located within New York, New York and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement. If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, Arfa will send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it within ten (10) business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at our sole discretion.
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, Arfa has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Arfa's sole discretion, users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Arfa may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Site and/or terminate the memberships of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
We are constantly updating Product offerings and other content on the Site. We may add, delete, remove, modify, disable, suspend, or restrict some or all of the Site (or the Products offered for sale thereon) at our sole discretion without notice to you, and you acknowledge that: (i) you may no longer be able to use the Site to the same extent, or at all, as prior to such events, and (ii) we shall have no liability to you or any third party in such case. We shall not be liable in any event for the addition, deletion, removal, modification, disabling, suspension, or restriction of access to or use of any or all of the Site (including the Products offered for sale thereon). We may change the descriptions, specifications, and prices of the Products offered for sale through the Site without notice and at any time. We do not warrant that such descriptions, specifications, and prices of Products are accurate, complete or current at all times.
We may experience delays in updating information on the Site and in our advertising on other web sites. The information found on the Site may contain errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. Products or services may be mispriced, described inaccurately, or unavailable on the Site and we cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information found on the Site. We therefore reserve the right to change or update information and to correct errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time, without prior notice.
All other information with respect to the purchase of Products can be found on the Site, including without limitation, hiki.com/FAQ and www.stateofmenopause.com/faqs.
6. Returns and Exchanges. Except for gift cards, and store-specific merchandise which are final sale or as otherwise set forth on the Site in connection with any particular promotion, we accept Products for returns and exchanges if requests are submitted within 30 days of receiving the order (in its entirety). To return or exchange your Product(s), please email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, as applicable, with your name, address, order number and the Product(s) you would like to exchange or return. After we receive your written request, we will respond with further instructions about returning the Product(s) to us. Upon receiving the returned Product(s) from you, we will process any refund due to you as soon as possible. You will be refunded in full to your original form of payment, including the cost of standard delivery; however, we will not refund your cost of returning the Product(s) to us. If you received any promotional or other discount when you paid, any refund will only reflect the amount you actually paid.
7. Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranties. ARFA, ITS AFFILIATES, THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “ARFA PARTIES”) MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE CONTENT OR THE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE SITE’S ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS OR RELIABILITY. THE ARFA PARTIES SHALL NOT BE SUBJECT TO LIABILITY FOR THE TRUTH, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION CONVEYED TO THE USER OR FOR ERRORS, MISTAKES OR OMISSIONS THEREIN OR FOR ANY DELAYS OR INTERRUPTIONS OF THE DATA OR INFORMATION STREAM FROM WHATEVER CAUSE. YOU AGREE THAT YOU USE THE SITE, THE CONTENT AND THE PRODUCTS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE ARFA PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR FREE OR THAT THE SITE, ITS SERVER, OR THE CONTENT ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR SIMILAR CONTAMINATION OR DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. IF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, NO ARFA PARTY SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS. THE SITE, THE CONTENT AND THE PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. THE ARFA PARTIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY ARFA PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, THE CONTENT OR THE PRODUCTS, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF SUCH ARFA PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE ARFA PARTIES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IF YOU ARE A USER FROM NEW JERSEY, THE FOREGOING SECTION TITLED “LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES” IS INTENDED TO BE ONLY AS BROAD AS IS PERMITTED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY. IF ANY PORTION OF THIS SECTION IS HELD TO BE INVALID UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY, THE INVALIDITY OF SUCH PORTION SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OF THE REMAINING PORTIONS OF THIS SECTION.
10. User Must Comply with Applicable Laws. The Site is based in the United States. We make no claims concerning whether the Content may be downloaded, viewed, or be appropriate for use outside of the United States. If you access the Site or the Content from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk. Whether inside or outside of the United States, you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction. The United States controls the export of products and information. You expressly agree to comply with such restrictions and not to export or re-export any of the Content to countries or persons prohibited under the export control laws. By downloading the Content, you are expressly agreeing that you are not in a country where such export is prohibited or are a person or entity for which such export is prohibited. You are solely responsible for compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction regarding the import, export, or re-export of the Content. In compliance with California law (SB 657), Arfa: (a) undertakes to verify its product supply chains to evaluate and address risks of human trafficking and slave labor; (b) conducts various types of independent audits, both announced and unannounced, of its suppliers to evaluate supplier compliance with Arfa standards for trafficking and slavery in supply chains. Such audits conducted under this program are performed by Arfa and third-parties; (c) requires certification by its direct suppliers that materials used to make its products are from suppliers that comply with laws regarding slavery and human trafficking in the country or countries in which they are doing business; (d) maintains internal accountability standards and procedures; and (e) provide company employees and management, who have direct responsibility for supply chain management, training on human trafficking and slavery, particularly with respect to mitigation risks within the supply chain of products.
11. U.S. Government Restricted Rights. The Content is provided with “RESTRICTED RIGHTS.” Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to the restrictions contained in 48 CFR 52.227-19 and 48 CFR 252.227-7013 et seq. or its successor. Use of the Site or Content by the Government constitutes acknowledgement of our proprietary rights in the Site and Content.
12. Dispute Resolution By Binding Arbitration. PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY AS IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
(a) Agreement to Arbitrate.
(b) Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief.
YOU AND ARFA AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH YOU AND ARFA AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S OR PARTY’S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S), EXCEPT THAT YOU MAY PURSUE A CLAIM FOR AND THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD PUBLIC INJUNCTIVE RELIEF UNDER APPLICABLE LAW TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED FOR THE ENFORCEABILITY OF THIS PROVISION.
13. User Disputes. You agree that you are solely responsible for your interactions with any other user in connection with the Site and/or the Products and Arfa will have no liability or responsibility with respect thereto. Arfa reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with disputes between you and any other user of the Site and/or the Products.
16. Notice for California Users. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, users of the Site from California are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210. You may contact us at Arfa, Inc., 187 Lafayette Floor 6 New York, NY 10013 or 866-896-1249.